IllumiDesk streamlines the integration of Jupyter Notebooks with your LTI compliant Learning Management System. IllumiDesk is currently certified with theCanvas LMS but is working on other LMS integrations which should be released soon!
IllumiDesk allows teachers, teachers assistants, and students to seamlessly collaborate using Jupyter Notebooks within the LMS.
- Support for multiple languages and frameworks.
- Dedicated workspace directories for each student.
- Create modules and assignments by as External Tool links to your Jupyter Notebook files.
- Deep integration with Canvas LMS grading tools.
We are just getting started! If you would like to see something added, feel free to open an issue using the feature
- Teachers who want to augment their courses with interactive Jupyter Notebooks.
- Teachers Assistants that wish to streamline grading and guidance efforts.
- Students who wish to use Jupyter Notebooks to complete their assignments and submit them directly to the LMS hassle free.
- LMS admin teams who need a secure and certified Jupyter Notebook add-on for their LMS instance.
IllumiDesk is hyper focused on helping students and teachers share Jupyter Notebook files with the LMS and as such offers features not available with other solutions.
JupyterHub is awesome! As a matter of fact, IllumiDesk mimics some of the same underlying features available with JupyterHub. The key difference is the custom user model and workspace setup to provide a more focused integration with LTI compliant systems.
Our documentation is separated into collections:
- Getting Started
- Configuration Options
- Canvas LMS Integration
Feel free to ask us anything using the chat application, located on the bottom right hand corner of all pages on our site.