For testing, refer to the test environment keys to complete the steps below.
To install IllumiDesk with Open edX you will need to access the Open edX Studio with a user that has privileges to update the application's setup. If you are logging in the for the first time, you may see an Open edX Demonstration Course in the Studio's home page. If not, create a new course by clicking on the
+ New Course button. Then access your course and follow the steps below to activate IllumiDesk as a tool provider with Open edX.
Log into the Studio and access an existing course or create a new course by clicking on the + New Course button.
2. Click on the Settings dropdown and select Advanced Settings in the course's home page.
3. In the Advanced Module List section, add the "lti_consumer" key (include quotes).
4. In the LTI Passports section, add the LTI tool's name, consumer key, and shared secret separated by commas. Each value should include quotes. For example:
4. Click on the Save button to update your Settings.
5. With Open edX, LTI tools are added within a Course --> Section --> Sub Section --> Unit. Ensure that you have a Section within your course and then add a new Subsection by clicking on the + Subsection button.
6. Then, add a new Unit within your Subsection by clicking on the +Unit button. This will display a set of green action buttons to configure your Unit. Click on the Advanced button.
7. Select the LTI Consumers option from the selection pane.
8. Selecting the LTI Consumer option will add the LTI Consumer to your Unit. Click on the Edit button to add the final touches to IllumiDesk's LTI Consumer configuration.
9. Add values for the LTI Consumer settings form. Some items, such as Inline Height, are not applicable so have been removed from the list below.
The display name you wish to provided to course participants, for example IllumiDesk.
LTI Application Information
The application's description.
IllumiDesk Jupyter Notebooks with Open edX
The LTI ID entered in the Passports section of the course's Advanced Settings page.
IllumiDesk's launch URL
A key/value pair for any custom parameters. You may use variable substitution such to send information from the Open edX LMS to map it to standard LTI parameters.
[ "email=$Person.email.primary" ]
LTI Launch Target
Use New Window to launch IllumiDesk is a new browser tab.
Button label that users see to launch LTI Consumer tool
Set to True if you would like to receive grades from IllumiDesk's grader console
The score's weight as a floating point number between
10. After you have saved your configuration, test the IllumiDesk application launch by clicking on the unit's launch button.
11. To complete your installation click on the Publish button.